Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where the 2.0 Things Are


Hello Everyone:

I am pleased to be here among this community taking part in CPD23 2012.  I have used some "things" in my professional development, and am looking forward to continuing to play and to  creatively explore and learn as well as learn from others taking part in this program.  I am beginning to experience the power of personal learning networks, and believe that it is up to all of us to learn what we can and share forward with others.

In terms of professional interests, I read about technology and education, and learning 2.0.  And may I respectfully put out there to the group that I am personally interested in studying libraries that are engaged in innovative practices and creative solutions, libraries that engage in play and creative risk, libraries that think outside of invisible boxes.  If anyone knows of libraries or innovative programs that might be relevant, if you care to share a little about or drop a link I would be ever so sincerely grateful.

To the inquiry "which of the Things you're most (or least) looking forward to," there are so many things that seem exciting and many that I do not know about.  I would say that Storify sounds intriguing, podcasts I have been eager to try for some time; I like the idea of mentoring (always), and as a believer in the value and potential of networks and looking forward to learning about LISNPN, LATNetwork, and CILIP Communities.

I imagine this is a community with a goodly number of LIS and other professionals, of which I am one.  I have respect for people's time, and you will likely find that I worry less about  maintaining a professional poise than instead trying to post authentically and in my own voice, which can tend toward the silly and trivial at times (apologies).  But I am always appreciative of people's time and their thoughts, and thank you to anyone who cares to look in from time to time.

Excited, and that gentle rustle you hear is the sound of sleeves being rolled up in anticipation of the work and play to come!

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. I liked reading your post, especially the bit about using an authentic voice. I think a lot of people will worry about wanting to appear professional and not appear silly. It is certainly something that's concerned me about blogging but hopefully i can sort this out.
    I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard, thank you for the comment on my blog. It has taken me a wee bit of time to get to this, and of course times I post something then walk around feeling slightly vulnerable and foolish, want to leap back and hit that 'edit' button, have to force myself to just get over it and get on.

      Are you blogging, might you have a link to share?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete